Castles made of sand

The Jimi Hendrix Experience... It's indeed one hell of an experience. I still can't seem to be able to get fed up listening to Jimi Hendrix. Every time I listen to his songs, I feel like it's my first. I was 9, when I found out that in one of my mother's compilations, there was a track called "Hey Joe". And that was it. Since then, the Jimi Hendrix Experience became one of my favorite bands of all time and probably one of my biggest influences too. I loved the Band of Gypsys too, but it's the Experience that blew my mind.

Most people refer to Jimi Hendrix as a solo artist and guitarist and seem to forget about the rest of the trio. Mitch Mitchell is for me one of the top 5 rock drummers and Noel Redding is also one of the most influential rock bassists that walked on this planet. I would without second thought donate my liver to have the privilege to witness one of their concerts.

When most guitarists played lead or rhythm guitar, Jimi did both simultaneously, while singing on top. All of their albums, had great sounds, great songs, cutting edge production and Jimi's voice expressed more emotion ,than the voices of five tenors put together. Here are my top 3 Jimi Hendrix ballads, that continue to move me deeply. Enjoy.



Yours, Serafeim














Ps. Now that you've listened to these three songs, you probably have already figured out where John Frusciante got half of his licks.

0 σχόλια: Post a Comment