Song of Midnight No.1


I'm in the middle of a youtube marathon right now... Watching, listening, learning... At the same time, like  all advertisers say, I'm brainstorming. About life, relationships, music, sounds, projects, dreams, hopes... I decided that my blog from now on will also feature some regular thematic sections and posts.

I just found three of them. The first one is the "Song of Midnight" series. In greek, "Το τραγούδι του Μεσονυχτίου". The second one is the "That's what I call a drum solo" series. And the third one is the "Who sampled whom" series.

This is the first "Song of Midnight" post.

I just stumbled upon the following song and was totally mesmerized.







As a listener, I always had a problem to emotionally relate  to songs written in languages other than English or Greek. There is a great Greek saying, which states that: "Ό,τι πεις, θα το λουστείς", which means something like: "Whatever you make fun of, will happen to you". That's exactly what happened to me.




Rökkurró,


are a band from Iceland. I can't seem to be able to figure out why such a small and tormented country produces such great artists and music. Bjork, Sigur Ros, Jonsi, Hilmar Jensson, Skulli Sverisson. Maybe it's something in their water. Enjoy.



Yours, Serafeim



Ps. I don't have a clue what the lyrics mean. But, I can let myself imagine. 

0 σχόλια: Post a Comment